A specialist approach to the complexity of pollution liability
Protecting against strict joint and several liability statutes, pollution legal liability insurance can be a key to preserving your balance sheet from the unknown.
Pollution Legal Liability insurance can provide coverage for clean-up costs, pre-existing and new contamination, bodily injury & property damage, legal defense, regulatory changes, third-party diminution of value, business income, non-owned disposal sites, transportation, emergency response, and mold & legionella.
It’s a policy you should never buy “off the shelf.”
Risk Strategies specialists ensure policy language is tailored to meet specific obligations in compliance with local regulations and the unique challenges presented by the conditions of a leased site, owned site, or a portfolio of sites, with policy terms ranging from one to 10 years.
Pollution Legal Liability insurance can significantly reduce legacy and operational costs in important ways, including:
- Replace or backstop indemnity obligations
- Provide protections on “Excess of an Indemnity Basis”
- Transfer of Allocated Risk to an Insurance Carrier
- Negotiation strategy on environmental risks, purchase price considerations, and disposition of liabilities while managing risk options behind the scenes
- Risk management options for the decision-making process
- Fencing in risks and improving value post-transaction performance
- Close transactions more effectively and efficiently
- Coverage extends for domestic and foreign locations
- Manuscripted policies to meet the obligations of the transaction
- Policy transferability makes it a transaction asset in lieu of an indemnification, reduction of the sale price, or escrows with the stigma of legacy operations or potential environmental conditions
Make sure your long-tail exposures are covered. Connect with our pollution legal liability insurance experts today.