Specialized Insurance Solutions for One-Design Sail Boats
Whether you sail for fun, race occasionally, or are pursuing an Olympic campaign, Gowrie Group's specialized one-design insurance program will meet your unique needs as a One-Design sailor. Coverage options can be customized to match your racing plans and liability needs, with options to coverages for your dolly, trailer, extra gear, multiple owners, and paid crew. If the type of boat you own is not already an approved One-Design Program class and is 30 feet and under with an active builder and active class, we can look to add it to our list of approved classes. We understand that you are traveling across the country and internationally to train and race your boat, so we make it easy for you to get a quote and buy your policy online.
One-Design Insurance Program Highlights
- Endorsed by US Sailing, members eligible for a 10% discount
- Annual 12-month policy
- Racing is covered
- Coverage options available for North American or worldwide navigation
- Third-party liability options of $300k or $500k
- Option to add your sailing organization, yacht club, or marina as an "Additional Insured"
- Optional coverage for chartering (when chartering to others or when chartering for your own use)
- Optional coverage for dollies, trailers, extra masts, and multiple owners
- Available to nearly 200 active one-design classes
Qualifications to add a One-Design Class
- Review the list to confirm not already part of the 200 approved one-design classes
- The boat must be 30 feet or under in length
- Class must have an active builder and active fleet
- Must not be of wooden construction
- New classes can be added by contacting the Gowrie One Design Program Manager
Foiling and Foil Exclusions
- Foiling and foils are EXCLUDED from coverage for most classes. See policy language.
- Nacra15 and Nacra17 are approved for coverage, however, coverage exclusions and limitations apply. See policy language.
- Not all coverages are available in all states. See policy language.
Learn More & Request a Quote