Gowrie Burgee Insurance Program for Yacht Clubs & Sailing Organizations
Yacht Clubs and Sailing Organizations are complex, multifaceted entities. Your sailing organization and its leaders, employees, members, and guests face broad and varied risks, on and off the water, during the day, and during the night. You need a marine insurance partner with specialized, integrated marine expertise that understands that each sailing organization and operation is unique and its assets and activities can include beautiful clubhouses, leased properties, extensive dock systems, large dry sail areas, boat hoists & ramps, trophies and fine arts, adult and youth instructional programs, swimming programs, member and non-member opportunities, marine assets & club-owned boats to support junior instruction and robust racing programs, dining services, fuel services, weddings, and active social events, just to name a few. Additionally, with storm frequency and storm intensity increasing in all parts of the US, having superior protection is critical, especially in exposed coastal areas and locations prone to flooding, extreme wind, and severe weather of all types in all seasons.
The Burgee Insurance Program provides comprehensive insurance designed speciﬁcally for yacht clubs, community sailing programs, and sailing organizations. Endorsed by US Sailing and underwritten by Chubb, the program is managed exclusively by marine insurance experts at Gowrie Groups | Risk Strategies. The program protects not only the organization, but also the board members, flag officers, volunteers, members, and employees. The majority of sailing organizations in the nation are currently part of The Burgee Program. US Sailing members are eligible for a 10% discount on the marine components of the program. Gowrie Group is the Ofﬁcial Insurance Partner of US Sailing and the US Sailing Team.
A Sampling of Available Protection Includes:
- Liability coverage for races, regattas, and cruises
- Hull and liability coverage for club-owned, borrowed, and chartered boats
- Sailing instruction coverage, for teaching juniors and adults
- Race management errors and omissions coverage
- Coverage for buildings, contents, and historical assets of the club
- Piers and docks coverage, including wave wash and flood coverage
- Workers’ compensation coverage for injuries to employees and volunteers
- Auto liability coverage for club-owned vehicles and trailers
- Jones Act coverage for employees working on the water
- Pollution and fuel spill coverage (accidental and sudden)
- Club members, employees, and volunteers named as additional insureds
- Additional liability coverage for directors & officers, employment practices, fiduciary, and crime
Safety Resources Available through the Burgee Program
We provide sailing organizations with a complete suite of safety materials and resources. These resources include an Emergency Action Plan Template, Junior Sailing Safety Guide, Club Safety Manual, Dock Safety Tips, Drone Safety Resources, and a Hurricane Response Plan Template. To request an editable copy of any of these resources, or to learn how The Burgee Insurance Program can help better protect your sailing organization or community program, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org (please include your name, club/program name, city, and state).
Advantages of Being Protected by the Burgee Insurance Program
- Exclusivity. Exclusive insurance program developed for sailing organizations
- Elite afﬁliations. Endorsed by US Sailing and underwritten by Chubb, the premier marine underwriter.
- Expert advisors. Team of expert marine insurance advisors who are yachts-people and yacht club members themselves.
- Service focus. Dedicated, licensed account manager for an account.
- Customized solutions. Creative solutions for the unique and complicated risks faced by sailing organizations.
- Safety programs. Access to Gowrie’s proprietary Yacht Club and Junior Sailing Safety programs.
- Loss control. Safety, loss analysis, and risk management analysis.
- Claims advocates. Expert claims managers who ensure quick and fair resolutions.