Protecting your retail property
From regional shopping centers to single-tenant leases, retail owners and managers take great pride in their properties — creating first-class shopping, dining, and entertainment experiences. Whether you own or manage a local, regional, or national retail destination, you’ve made an investment in your business that you want to ensure is protected and prepared for the unique risks you may face.
At Risk Strategies, we understand the industry-specific challenges you face, including:
- Filling vacancies
- Re-skinning or retrofitting spaces
- Increasing costs of construction materials and labor rates
- Building improvements and upgrades
- Environmental, Social, and Governance factors
- Building Valuation / Replacement Cost Valuation
The combination of these factors along with severe weather events that are now occurring multiple times a year make protecting your investment with a comprehensive risk management program even more complex but critical.
A specialist approach to risk
To help ensure you have a comprehensive risk management plan with the right insurance coverages, you want to partner with a specialist who understands the industry’s nuances but also has access to state-specific property programs.
When you choose Risk Strategies, you are getting all the benefits and services of a large national brokerage, in addition to:
- Forensic underwriting across the industry
- Detailed analytics, customized solutions and hands-on claims management, captive feasibility and implementation
- Valuation modeling
- Manuscript forms tailored to your risk exposure
- Access to risk management and safety consulting services
- Access to exclusive, Florida-market-specific property programs
- A superior client experience
- Passionate real estate specialists with decades of experience and deep industry knowledge
- Industry experts who can provide additional resources and support including cyber, captives, construction, environmental, management liability, and much more
We provide a unified approach to risk management designed to proactively reduce risk, improve program efficiency and minimize costs. Regardless of the size of your retail portfolio, we can help manage your unique risks. This includes:
- Anchored Shopping Centers
- Regional Shopping Centers
- Single Tenant Lease
- Lifestyle Centers
- Mixed Use Centers
- Medical Use Single Tenants
- Cannabis Tenants
- And more...
A comprehensive retail insurance program allows you to focus on risk management and reducing your total cost of risk. As a Risk Strategies client, you have access to the industry’s leading markets and key retail real estate insurance coverages including:
- General Liability
- Workers' Compensation
- Automobile Liability
- Directors & Officers
- Higher CAT Limits – earthquake, windstorm, flood (including storm surge)
- Replacement Cost
- Errors & Omissions
- Builders Risk (exposure included)
- Integrated Pollution Coverage (legionella and mold exposures covered)
- Environmental Liability
- Umbrella / Excess Liability
- Alternative Solutions, including captives
Our relationships with key industry organizations such as the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) ensures we stay on top of the ever-changing challenges the retail industry faces.
We understand risk and how to manage it. As your risk management partner, we serve as an extension of your team. Let us help you protect the future of your retail business and property.