Understanding the complexities and risks faced by Public Safety Organizations & Municipalities
For public safety organizations and municipalities, we provide a deeper level of understanding of the complexities and risks that are common to this segment. We work closely with each community to customize our specialized insurance programs, education resources, and consulting services to protect their unique assets, operations, and personnel. For our public safety clients in New England, we bring exclusive access to the VFIS insurance program, a specialty insurance solution designed to meet the unique and complex needs of public safety operations. Additionally, Gowrie Claims Services offers claims handling services for Injuries-on-Duty (IOD) to municipal public safety personnel.
Customized programs for:
- Cities & towns
- Fire departments & districts
- Emergency medical services
- Police departments
- Gowrie Claims Services for fire & police IODs
Types of coverage offered:
- Property & marine
- General liability
- Medical malpractice, law enforcement, and schools
- Management and public officials’ liability
- Fidelity bonds
- Accident and sickness for IODs
- Workers’ compensation
Risk Strategies – Gowrie Group is the VFIS Regional Director for MA, CT, and RI.
Contact Us & Learn More
- Reach our team at VFISGowrie@risk-strategies.com or 888.834.7763
Gowrie Claims Services for Injuries-on-Duty
Gowrie Claims Services specializes in handling claims for injuries-on-duty (IOD’s) to municipal firefighters and police officers. We assist cities and towns in Massachusetts and Rhode Island as they face the challenges presented by special state laws. Gowrie’s experienced team has unparalleled expertise handling these claims and can assist with the claims process. Through our sophisticated online claims system, our client municipalities can check the status of open claims from anywhere, anytime.
IOD Claims services:
- Review and assessment of claims for eligibility
- Collection of claims documents and data
- Review, coordination, and tracking of treatment
- Medical bill review and re-rating
- Medical fee negotiation
- Advice on more complex claims
To learn more, contact GowrieClaimsServices@risk-strategies.com.
To submit claims or access/review your claims, visit our Injured On Duty Claims Website.