Vacant Home Insurance

Let's Talk

Protecting unoccupied and vacant homes

Most domestic insurers will not cover dwellings that are vacant, unoccupied, or rented to another occupant. In some cases, limited coverage is provided; in most cases, domestic homeowner insurance companies do not provide coverage if an international assignee's home remains unoccupied or is rented to another occupant.

We supply insurance coverage for vacant, unoccupied, or rented dwellings (including both housing and condos) located anywhere in the United States, Canada, and Europe. Our vacant home insurance (also known as unoccupied home insurance) can suit any organization's needs due to the flexibility and coverage options available.

Unoccupied Home Insurance Coverage Features

  • The policy pays for reasonable repairs and other costs incurred by the insured to protect the dwelling from further damage following a covered loss
  • Vacant home insurance coverage is also provided for the breakage of glass or safety glazing material forming part of a covered building, storm door, or storm window
  • The contents of the dwelling can also be covered if a burglar alarm is maintained during the policy period
  • 10% of the insured value of the dwelling is automatically extended to insure other structures located on the residence premises
  • This policy also insures against liability suits brought for damages arising from the ownership, maintenance, or use of the dwelling. This coverage also includes defense costs and medical expenses.
  • Coverage extends to the personal property remaining in the residence
  • Liability coverage available
  • Windstorms, floods, earthquake, and vandalism are covered perils
  • Multiple deductible options
  • Easy reporting and certificate issuance
  • Rapid and responsive claims adjusting


Practice Leadership

Michael Fitzpatrick

National Relocation Practice Leader

Boris Populoh
National Relocation Practice Leader

Partner With Us

Let's Talk