Specialized Insurance Solutions for Owners of Classic Wooden Yachts
A classic yacht is a sight to behold, and an investment to protect.
Gowrie’s Classic Yacht Insurance program is designed to meet the unique coverage needs of the most discerning wooden boat owners. Available to qualifying classic yachts made of wood or cold-molded wood, this comprehensive marine insurance offering includes many valuable policy enhancements. The program is managed by Gowrie Group, underwritten by PURE Insurance, and endorsed by the Classic Yacht Owners Association.
Policy Enhancements Designed for Owners of Classic Yachts
- Agreed Value Coverage: Agreed Value coverage on your hull and equipment to protect your investment.
- Survey Waived: Survey waived for yachts that are maintained by a classic yacht specialist.
- Paint Both Sides Coverage: If one side of the yacht is damaged, claim coverage includes repainting both sides.
- Racing Covered: Occasional racing is covered.
- Range of Deductibles: With credits offered for deductibles higher than 2%.
- Hurricane Haul Coverage: Coverage included for up to $2,500.
- Emergency Towing: Expenses covered up to $25,000.
- 12-Month Navigation & Extended Range: No lay-up dates and extended US navigation including Canada (with limits).
- Consequential Damage: Consequential damage coverage is included.
- Specialist Claim Repair Work: Insurance claim repair work can be done by a classic yacht specialist.
- Coverage Beyond Your Limit: In the case of a claim, defense costs are covered in addition to the liability limit.
To qualify, yachts must be:
- Wood or cold-molded wood construction
- Maintained by a marina/yard with expertise in wooden yachts
- Hull value greater than $75,000
- A length greater than 26 feet
Connect with a Marine Specialist & Request a Quote: